O S H W E R T H E I M E R
Team Leader—Innovative Problem Solver
Highly qualified, motivated professional with diverse experience and solid
track record of producing commercial-quality User Manuals, Reference and Installation Guides, Online
Help systems, Web-based content and marketing materials. Extremely focused, detail-oriented and
versatile to achieve in a competitive, fast-paced working environment. Major strengths include the
ability to formulate and convey technical vision to non-technical personnel and effectively match the
message to the audience.
- Accomplished communicator, able to conduct presentations to varied audiences. Highly polished
organizational communications skills. Develops productive working relationships and alliances.
- Leadership skills: enthusiastic individual with excellent work ethic. Demonstrated comprehensive
knowledge of management techniques, organizational development, team building and project execution.
Experienced in the implementation of training initiatives to develop, retain and motivate effective
personnel. Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Skilled designer and developer of Web-application GUIs, HTML-based Help systems, print-based
documentation, Web graphics and Flash files. Writer and editor of software and hardware user guides,
application notes, product and technology briefs, RFPs, proposals, and marketing materials. Developer
of large-scale, complex Visio drawings of enterprise solutions. Established reputation for accuracy
- Highly proficient on PC and Macintosh OS
- Software knowledge includes:
| Adobe Acrobat
|| MadCap Flare
| Confluence Wiki
|| Visual SourceSafe
| Final Cut Pro
|| Visual Source Code
CAREER PATH/CONTRACT POSITIONS
Senior Technical Writer—Conduent, Irvine,
Member of technical writing team.
Senior Technical Writer (Contractor)—Pinnacle Claims Management, Irvine,
- Draft monthly Software Change Requests (SCRs) for internal/external clients that document new and modified features and functionality in the company's web-based applications
- Developed the company's first Technical Writers' Style Guide to ensure documentation consistency
- Rebranded the company's Product Bulletins, Training Bulletins, White Papers, and Knowledgebase Articles porting the
contents of each into templates incorporating the new Conduent branding
- Responsible for FrameMaker-to-Flare conversions of the entire library of technical documentation
February 2017–July 2017
Sole technical writer of Cost Containment team.
Content Strategist (Worked onsite at Google)—Zenith Talent Corporation,
Mountain View, California
- Responsible for organizing, designing, and drafting User Guide content of 560 new features of the company's proprietary health insurance claims management software system.
August 2016–December 2016
Member of the AdWords team.
Senior Technical Writer (Contractor)—Pacific Dental Services, Irvine,
- Responsible for content modeling; writing, editing and coding Help Center articles,
reviewing and drafting UX text, and developing tooltips for AdWords and AdWords Editor.
October 2015–April 2016
Sole technical writer of IT team.
Senior Technical Writer—Experian, Costa Mesa, California
- Drafted IT processes and run books in Confluence
- Drafted User Stories in JIRA
February 2013–April 2015
Senior writer of three member Audit & Risk team tasked to standardize process
documentation across the enterprise in response to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Senior Technical Writer—OptumInsight, San Jose, California
- Developed Technical Writing Style Guide
- Developed Word templates for enterprise-wide use
- Drafted and edited process documentation for a variety of customer programs
- Provided Word 2010 training
- Mentored junior technical writer
April 2011–February 2013
Sole technical writer responsible for developing documentation process, creating Word
templates and CSS files for standardizing and branding print and online documentation sets, and writing
Release Notes, Datasheets, User Guides, Installation Guides and Online Help.
Senior Technical Writer (Contractor)—The Capital Group Companies, Irvine,
- Designed and developed company's first HTML-based Online Help system
- Designed and developed customer-facing Product Documentation Portal
- Developed Technical Publications Group Wiki
March 2010–February 2011
Responsible for designing and writing Job Aids, Tip Sheets, PowerPoint Presentations,
Quick Reference Guides, and User Guides for training 1200 employees of the country's third largest
mutual fund operator on Remedy 7.6.
Senior Technical Writer—QLogic Corp., Aliso Viejo, California
- Developed content, graphics, and Flash for internal corporate website
- Developed online HTML-based Glossaries for six corporate initiatives
February 2008–January 2010
Designed, developed and maintained the Corporate Publications Intranet; maintained the
corporate website. Designed, wrote and edited monthly HTML-based OEM, Channel and Reseller newsletters
and marketing e-mails; produced and edited digital videos and product photography.
- Success of Intranet resulted in department being given responsibility for all
- Developed standard for HTML-based Online Help systems and product documentation
- Developed standard for quarterly product CDs
Certificate Program for Technical Writing and Editing
University of Washington–Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts and Communication
University of Richmond–Richmond, Virginia
^ Go to top